Enroll in EF’s Spanish courses in Malaga and discover authentic Mediterranean culture in the Costa del Sol’s premier resort city.
Malaga is a welcoming language school housed in a traditional Mediterranean villa in the lovely Pedregalejo district. Study Spanish at a school that is literally steps from the beach and a short walk from the stores on Calle Larios, the city center’s slick pedestrian boulevard. When classes finish for the day you can head to the beach, a bustling café, or take in the view from atop an 11th century Moorish fortification.
The unique red façade school in Malaga, tucked behind wrought-iron gates and surrounded by lemon trees, plays host to one of our most intimate and charming language centers. Spanish courses here will be taught in modern facilities by master teachers with an expert style of instruction. In addition to traditional Spanish courses, special interest classes in Flamenco Dancing and Spanish tourism are offered in Malaga.
Jewell of the Costa del Sol
Malaga is a coastal city steeped in tradition but buzzing with life. Here the relaxed pace of an Andalusian beach town is balanced with the spice of traditional Spanish nightlife. Fresh seafood is always on the menu in Malaga, but EF students quickly pick up the habit of extending paella lunches into the early evening. There is also plenty of opportunity for lounging on the beach or trying to spot signs of Picasso’s influence on the streets of the artist’s hometown.
Malaga is a city where the mid-day siesta proudly lives on, and Roman and Moorish ruins share the landscape with the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy a shopping experience along the leafy downtown boulevards. Walk among the ruins of the Roman Theater of Malaga, constructed thousands of years ago. Kick back and spend some time relaxing on the city’s golden beaches. EF Malaga students will soon discover why Picasso found inspiration in this city.
- Cozy, Mediterranean villa-style school
- Private gardens shaded by citrus trees
- Close to a famous beach lined with restaurants and shops
- Situated in the scenic village of Pedregalejo, home to the city’s best seafood cafés
- Residence is located on campus
- Horseback riding, salsa lessons, organized trips to Morocco, Cordoba, etc.
Whether you’re enjoying paella with a local family or staying steps from the Mediterranean on EF’s campus, you’ll soon feel at home in Malaga and will enjoy experiencing life as a local.
Although life in Malaga revolves around the Mediterranean coastline, beyond the golden shores is a city shaped by elegant Andalucían architecture and ancient ruins. The energy in this city is what you’d expect from a southern Spanish city; lively, boisterous and brimming with charm. EF’s activities coordinators are on site to make sure that you don’t miss a thing in Costa del Sol’s capital.
SRU Program Requirements
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the EF application portal
(click "learn more" beside the program of your choice). Please do not begin an application with EF until you have been first approved by SRU.