Enroll in EF’s Italian courses in Rome and discover why this city is often called the cradle of Western civilization.
Immerse yourself in Italy’s most cosmopolitan city when you study Italian in Rome. The EF school is located in the heart of Rome, a short walk from nearby open-air markets, bustling cafes and authentic Italian bakeries. You will also have easy access to many of Rome’s ancient monuments, by way of public transportation which is just steps away.
Italian courses in Rome are conducted by top-notch, experienced teachers within the comfort of a recently renovated language school. The school boasts modern classrooms, as well as a student lounge and the latest technology to assist you on your way to Italian fluency. Our exam preparation courses are designed to help students who wish to write the CLIS, CELI, and CLIDAS exams required for higher education in Italy.
The Living Museum
Rome is a magical city that must be seen to be believed. Every corner of this city seems to be bursting with life. The short walk from school to the grocery store is a lesson in Italian history, architecture and culture. This capital city is like a fabulous museum, minus the entrance fee.
There’s no need to follow a rigid itinerary during your Italian courses in Rome. Go with the flow and the city will unfold as you wander the streets. Stroll into the city center and you will stumble upon the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the imposing façade of the magnificent Coliseum. You will imagine yourself in ancient Rome as you make your way down the preserved streets of the bohemian Trastevere district - today locals flock here for authentic Italian cuisine. Make a pilgrimage to Vatican City and gaze upward to see Michelangelo’s masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. In one of Europe’s most vibrant capital cities, you will find yourself equally content to sit at an Italian café and people-watch.
- Situated in the center an historic area of Rome
- Large classrooms, a library and student lounge
- Organized excursions to Florence, Naples or Capri
- Local attractions include Piazza di Spagna, Colosseum, Piazza del Popolo and Fontana di Trevi
- A short walk to cafés, restaurants, shops and public transportation
Whether you’re staying with a local family or living in EF’s residence, you’ll soon join the locals in feeling at home in Rome.
Evidence of the Italian capital’s remarkable history, architecture and art may give the city a museum-like aura, but there are few places on earth that have a festive spirit to compare to Rome’s. EF’s activities coordinators are onsite to help you witness the energy and take in all that this magnificent city has to offer.
SRU Program Requirements
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the EF application portal
(click "learn more" beside the program of your choice). Please do not begin an application with EF until you have been first approved by SRU.