Enroll in EF’s French courses in Paris and soak up the very best of French art, fashion and culture in France’s fabled capital city.
What better place to study French than in Paris? There’s something magical about living in the French capital that no other city can compete with. Our language school is situated just north of the fashionable Marais district, in the Les Grands Boulevards area. From this location, Paris is truly at your fingertips. Spend the day shopping at the famous Galeries Lafayette. After class, make the short walk to the Louvre’s to see the Mona Lisa. Enjoy the simple pleasure of a lunchtime crepe eaten in the shadow of the Opera’s golden statues.
In addition to traditional language courses, EF Paris offers special interest classes in French cooking. Students are also offered internships to gain working experience in fields such as tourism and marketing. Our French courses focus on conversational skills, and immersion in the local culture is key. We want students to be able to confidently venture out into la capitale without their pocket dictionaries in tow.
The City of Light
There’s a reason Paris is the visited more than any city in the world. The arts permeate everything - from masterpieces hanging in museums to jazz quartets serenading commuters in the Metro. The city’s architecture is also spectacular, blending an elegant uniformity with splashes of spectacular monuments. The Parisians themselves are a sight to behold - arguably the most fashionable residents on the planet. Millions of yearly visitors can’t be wrong.
The romantic clichés about the City of Light are all true. Studying French in Paris offers students the opportunity to experience the city from a local’s point of view, where the charming corners of Paris become just as familiar as they are iconic. Spend time honing your language skills in a sidewalk café. Grab a bottle of wine and picnic on the docks of the River Seine. Learn that and the pain au chocolat actually do melt in your mouth. Search for hidden gems in one of the city’s flea markets. Life moves at its own pace here, but you’ll soon learn to keep track of it by turning your gaze towards the Eiffel tower, whose lights elegantly sparkle with the changing of the hour.
- School ideally located in the trendy 9th arrondissement
- Interior updated with the latest technology
- The unique offering of special French cooking classes in a professional, high-tech kitchen
- Organized excursions to Châteaux de la Loire, Disneyland Paris, Versailles, Nice and Bretagne
- The Metro system is close at hand, making it easy to explore attractions including the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Sacré cœur and Arc de Triomphe
- Close to shops, cafés, museums and theaters
Whether you’re making crepes with a local family or living at EF’s residence in the Les Grands Boulevards District, you’ll soon feel at home in Paris and will enjoy the experience of living like a local.
The City of Light is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and atmospheric cities in the world. You could spend years exploring all the art, architecture and gourmet dining that it has to offer. EF’s activities coordinators are onsite to ensure that you experience the very best of the French capital, cramming as much into your stay regardless of how long you have to spend.
SRU Program Requirements
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the EF application portal
(click "learn more" beside the program of your choice). Please do not begin an application with EF until you have been first approved by SRU.