Enroll in EF’s Mandarin Chinese courses in Singapore and experience life at the crossroads of East and West.
Discover Asia’s international metropolis when you study Mandarin Chinese in Singapore. This ultra-modern city is located on a string of islands in South East Asia. English and Mandarin are both official languages here, so there is plenty of opportunity to practice either on the streets of Singapore. The EF school is located in the heart of the city, a short walk from the nightlife of Boat Quay and shopping in the Clarke Quay district. The sandy beaches of the East Coast Park are also nearby.
Mandarin Chinese courses in Singapore are feature iLab classrooms, exam preparation options and small class sizes. The school boasts a spacious student lounge, popular sun terrace and a games area. EF’s language courses focus on conversation which is enhanced by immersion in the local community afforded by our location. With the bustle of Chinatown and old town of Little India just a short trip away, EF Singapore offers students a truly international experience, both in and outside of the classroom.
Asia's Multicultural Metropolis
With new restaurants, downtown skyscrapers and boutiques springing up everywhere, Singapore is truly a booming metropolis. Although a modern and progressive city, evidence of the traditions that shaped it are everywhere. Signs of a British colonial past are present in many of the civic buildings and traditional places of worship such as the Thian Hock Keng Temple sit amongst the towering skyscrapers.
Peoples of Chinese, Malay and Indian descent blend with a large Western expat population to make Singapore one of the most multicultural urban centers on the planet. The landscape of Singapore is dominated by crystal blue waters, and the city actually consists of one main island and 63 smaller ones. The climate here is uniformly tropical, and Singapore’s white-sand beaches are some of the most idyllic in the world. While studying English or Mandarin in Singapore, you owe it to yourself to hop on a cable car and take in the views of downtown on your way to Sentosa Island, a favorite beach and party spot of locals.
- Modern school located in central Singapore
- Updated interior features latest learning technology
- Large rooftop terrace affords fantastic views of the city
- Hiking tours and excursions to Bintan Island and Kuala Lumpur
- Nearby attractions include Clarke Quay, Chinatown and the Esplanade
- Short walk to shops, bars and cafés
Whether you’re enjoying chili crab with a local family or living at EF’s residence in the Bukit Timah District, you’ll feel at home in Singapore and enjoy the experience of local life.
As one of Asia’s most international cities, the multicultural vibe here is omnipresent. Walk through this city is like trotting across the globe as you pass through Little India, Chinatown, downtown’s British colonial district, and the Malay-Arab Kampong Glam neighborhood. EF’s activities coordinators are onsite to make sure that you experience all corners of a city where East meets West on nearly every street.
SRU Program Requirements
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the EF application portal
(click "learn more" beside the program of your choice). Please do not begin an application with EF until you have been first approved by SRU.