Australia is well known for its incredible climate, world class beaches, friendly citizens, and laidback lifestyle.The gateway to Australia, Sydney is renowned as a dynamic and cosmopolitan city that combines culture, history, and beautiful scenery!
Get excited about:
- Life in Sydney - Sydney is Australia’s largest and oldest city with a multicultural population of nearly 4.5 million. As a student, you’ll enjoy a bustling city life with easy access to beaches, mountains, and national parks via a well-established public transit system.
- World-class academics - The University of Sydney is continuously rated in the top 0.3% of universities in the world and in the Top 50 of many worldwide rankings! The university boasts top-notch academics, dedicated faculty and staff, and research facilities that are recognized globally.
- La Vida Local - On the Semester at University of Sydney program, you’ll begin your semester with a CISabroad orientation, which will introduce you to life in Sydney. You’ll quickly become fully immersed in Australian culture!
For the Semester at University of Sydney program with CISabroad, there are two 13-week semesters will be offered, one beginning in March and the second beginning July. While studying at the University of Sydney, a university that draws international students from over 145 countries, you will have endless opportunities not only to connect with Aussies, but with other students from around the world. The University of Sydney is continuously rated in the top 0.3% of universities in the world and in the Top 50 of many worldwide rankings!
Check out some unique highlights of Semester at University of Sydney:
SRU Program Requirements
- Study at the University of Sydney, ranked in the top 0.3% of universities worldwide
- Enjoy world-class facilities, inspirational academics, and dedicated faculty and professors
- Over 2,500 course options available to study abroad students
- Live and learn in the heart of downtown Sydney
- Hands-on experiential learning opportunities
- Get to know local Australians through the MATES Social Mentoring Program! You’ll be paired with a local student to help with your transition
- Enhance your experience by participating in the Global Citizenship Award Program, open to study abroad students
- Large, diverse student body with 15,000 international students
- Get involved with the locals by choosing from over 200 campus clubs and societies
- AACSB Accredited Business School
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the CISabroad application portal
. Please do not begin an application with CISabroad until you have been first approved by SRU.