Study at the University of Melbourne in the cultural capital of Australia. Experience a world class university in the land down under.
Get excited about:
- Cultural Melting Pot – Melbourne is known for it’s diversity: in people, dining, shopping, art, sport, and architecture. As you wind your way through the labyrinth of alleyways and arcades, stop in at one of the city’s noteworthy bookshops, grab a flat white at a rooftop cafe, or watch some live street performers. No matter the day or time, there is something humming and happening in this city.
- Excellence in Teaching & Research - The University of Melbourne boasts an impressive academic accomplishment, ranking #1 in Australia and #33 in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016. This institution proudly promotes excellence in teaching and research by shaping students into global citizens, and is consistently ranked as a leader in higher education.
- La Vida Local – On the Semester at University of Melbourne program, you’ll begin your time in Australia with a CISabroad orientation that will introduce you to life in Melbourne. Try a dose of sport while you’re there - Melbourne is mad for cricket, Aussie Rules football, tennis...you name it!
Semester the University of Melbourne offers two 19-week semesters. You can easily find a semester that fits with your study abroad schedule. While at the University of Melbourne, situated just steps away from the very heart of Melbourne, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime overseas study experience.
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is the second oldest university in Australia and it is ranked #1 in the country for education. The university is accredited by the Department of Education and Training, Australia and its business school is AACSB accredited.
If you've always wanted to study abroad in Australis, here are just a few of the key highlights that make this program unique:
SRU Program Requirements
- The University of Melbourne is ranked #1 in Australia and # 33 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015–2016
- Four day CISabroad Orientation including a city walking tour, ocean kayaking, surf lesson, and Indigenous cultural activities.
- Melbourne is a vibrant hub of style, sport, culture and voted the world’s most liveable city
- Truly innovative curriculum assists in exploring current global issues
- Academic staff includes business, government, and community leaders, as well as Nobel Laureates and Rhodes Scholars
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad, however, some SRU international partner institutions may require a higher GPA
- There is no class level requirement for study abroad at SRU
- Disciplinary files will be requested from the Office of Student Conduct, for each applicant, and will be taken into consideration during the review process.
- Please make sure to check with the Financial Aid (if applicable) for academic and other requirements that pertain to potentially receiving aid during your study abroad experience.
To apply for this program use the green 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of the page. You will be prompted to log in after which you will be directed to the SRU study abroad application forms and other requirements. Once you have completed all required items, and your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be instructed to begin an application directly in the CISabroad application portal
. Please do not begin an application with CISabroad until you have been first approved by SRU.